Friday 23 April 1999
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to No Scrubs by TLC.
In UK Flat Beat by Mr Oizo was in the top 5 hits.
eXistenZ, directed by David Cronenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Plats bruts.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Army Men: Toys in Space or Fighting Steel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1999.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1999!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1999 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 April
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?