Sunday 23 August 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mauritius van Haegendoren and William Primrose.
Der Specht, directed by N/A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1903!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1903 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Mauritius van Haegendoren: Flemish historian / senator.
- William Primrose: Glasgow, Scotland -- Violist (Method for Violin & Viola).
- Paul J C Gabriel: Dutch water colors Painter / etcher, dies at 75.
- 6th Zionist Congres, Theodor Herzl declares Jewish state
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1903 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Uncle Josh On an Automobile - Cal Stewart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1903?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?