Wednesday 23 August 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1911 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- A Alberts: Dutch civil servant, writer, translator and journalist.
- Jacques Reignier: La Fl?che physician.
- Jean Breton: France Actor.
- Birger Ruud: Norway -- 90m ski jumper (1932, 36 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Albert Alberts: Writer / journalist (French battle).
- Carl Dolmetsch: Director (Haslemere Festival)
- Elizabeth "Betty" Robinson: US 100m sprinter (1928 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- British Premier Asquith holds secret meeting about British strategy in case of war with Germany
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Don't Wake Me Up, I'm Dreaming - Walter Van Brunt
- That Railroad Rag - Walter Van Brunt
- In the Land of Harmony - Arthur Collins
- Infanta March - Fred Van Eps
- The Mississippi Dippy Dip - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 August 1911 and get them!