Monday 23 August 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Hitchin' Posts, directed by Jack Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1920 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Jean Egen: French journalist (Le Monde, Le Canard enchaîné) and author of various books, who gained literary success with his autobiography "Les Tilleuls de Lautenbach" [The Lime Trees of Lautenbach].
- Karl Lichte: German Nazi Captain (Hauptsturmführer) in the Waffen-SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross while in command of the 5th Company, 5th SS Panzer Regiment, 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking on the 6 May 1945.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - John Steel
- All the Boys Love Mary - Van & Schenck
- So Long, Oo-Long (How Long You Gonna Be Gone) - Frank Crumit
- Introduction and Tarantelle - Jascha Heifetz
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?