Friday 23 August 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1929 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Peter Thompson: Golfer.
- Loretto Petrucci: Italy sport Champion.
- Vladimir Beekman: Estonian poet and translator (d. 2009).
- Zoltán Czibor: Hungarian footballer (d. 1997).
- Vera Miles: American model and actress Miss Kansas 1948.
- Charles Van de Woestijne: Flemish writer / Poet (God on Sea).
- Arabs attack Jews in Israel
- Hebron Massacre during the 1929 Palestine riots: Arab attack on the Jewish community in Hebron in the British Mandate of Palestine, continuing until the next day, resulted in the death of 65-68 Jews and the remaining Jews being forced to leave the city.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?