Sunday 23 August 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Vincent and Coccinelle .
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching The Television Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1931 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Richard Vincent: British chief of Defense.
- Coccinelle : French entertainer, a revue star and female impersonator.
- Barbara Eden: American actress perhaps best known for her role as Jeannie in the sitcom "I Dream of Jeannie" aired on American TV from 1965-1970.
- Hamilton Smith: American microbiologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- 45th US Womens Tennis: Helen Moody beats Eileen B Whitingstall (64 61)
- Philadelphia Athletics Lefty Grove, loses 1-0 (Browns) after winning 16 straight
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?