Thursday 23 August 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
People Will Talk, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1951 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Barbra Mizrahie: LPGA golfer.
- Mark Hudson in Portland: Oregon, USA; comedian (Bonkers, Hudson Brothers Show).
- Allan Bristow: American basketball player and coach.
- Jimi Jamison: American singer-songwriter (Survivor) (d. 2014).
- Akhmad Kadyrov: Chechen cleric and politician 1st President of the Chechen Republic (d. 2004).
- Noor : Queen Noor of Jordan
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
- While You Danced, Danced, Danced (I Walked In With A Smile) - Georgia Gibbs
- Les Paul - Whispering
- Guy Mitchell - Belle, Belle, My Liberty Belle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?