Saturday 23 August 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Big Jim McLain, directed by Edward Ludwig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1952!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1952 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Vicky Leandros: Greek singer and politician.
- Gilles Leclerc: French political journalist.
- Santillana : Spanish footballer.
- Georgios Paraschos: Greek footballer and manager.
- Leslie Bogart: American noted family, the daughter of Humphrey Bogart and his wife, Lauren Bacall.
- Cathy St George: Norfolk, Virginia -- Playmate (Aug, 1982)
- Dalton Reed: Singer
- Mac Cone: Memphis, Tennessee -- Canadian equestrian jumper (1996 Olympics)
- Arab League security pact goes into effect
- Giants Bob Elliot is ejected for arguing a strike, Bobby Hoffman complete his at bat, he strikes out and is also ejected for arguing
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?