Sunday 23 August 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Roman Holiday, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The High And The Mighty by Ernest K. Gann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1953 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Klaus-Dietrich Flade: German FR, Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-14).
- Bobby G: English singer-songwriter (Bucks Fizz).
- Kheira Bouziane: French politician.
- John Rocha: Hong Kong-Irish fashion designer.
- Ernst Savkovic: German footballer.
- Randy Williams: American Olympic track and field athlete, the long jumper won a gold medal at the 1972 games and a silver at the 1976 games.
- Braves Phil Paine is 1st former major leaguer to play in Japan
- Cyclist Arie Van Vliet becomes world champion sprinter
- Dutch DC-6 crashes near Ymuiden in North Sea, 21 die
- KBAK TV channel 29 in Bakersfield, CA (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?