Tuesday 23 August 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1955!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1955 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 August
- Reginald Tate: British actor (Born 1896).
- Betty Jameson wins LPGA White Mountain Golf Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Chuck Berry - Maybellene
- Jaye P. Morgan - The Longest Walk
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Boyd Bennett - Seventeen
- Chuck Miller - The House Of Blue Lights
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?