Thursday 23 August 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David A Wolf and Hans-Jurgen Salewski.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
War and Peace, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1956 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- David A Wolf: Indianapolis, Indiana -- MD / Astronaut (STS 58, sk: 89 / 91).
- Hans-Jurgen Salewski: German footballer.
- Valgerd Svarstad Haugland: Norwegian politician.
- Andreas Floer: German mathematician and academic (d. 1991).
- Valgerd Haugland: Norwegian educator and politician Norwegian Minister of Culture.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 August 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?