Friday 23 August 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Dean DiMarco and Cortez Kennedy.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frost on Sunday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1968 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Christian Dean DiMarco: Huntington, New York -- PGA golfer (1994 Deposit-3rd).
- Cortez Kennedy: NFL defensive tackle (Seattle Seahawks).
- Scott Kowalkowski: NFL linebacker (Detroit Lions).
- Alex Britti: Italian singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Joaquin Monchique: Portuguese stand-up comedian, actor, and director of theatre and Television.
- Krisztina Rady: Hungarian translater, she was director of the "Institut Hongrois de Paris". Married to Bertrand Cantat in 1997 (2 children) and separated in 2002.
- KK : World Music Singer
- Laura Claycomb: American operatic soprano
- Chris DiMarco: American golfer
- Ringo quits Beatles over a disagreement, temporarily
- Yanks and Tigers play 3-3 tie in 19 due to 1 AM curfew
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing
- The Dells - Stay In My Corner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?