Monday 23 August 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Douglas and BoneCrusher.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to How Can You Mend A Broken Heart by Bee Gees.
In UK I'm Still Waiting by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Deep End, directed by Jerzy Skolimowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hei-Wi-Tip-Top.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1971!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1971 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Hugh Douglas: NFL defensive end (NY Jets).
- BoneCrusher: American rapper.
- Bone Crusher: Rapper.
- Demetrio Albertini: Italian footballer and manager.
- Tim Gutberlet: German footballer.
- WGTU TV channel 29 in Traverse City, MI (ABC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
- John Denver - Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Five Man Electrical Band - Signs
- Marvin Gaye - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)
- Jean Knight - Mr. Big Stuff
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Sweet Hitch-Hiker
- Three Dog Night - Liar
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?