Thursday 23 August 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Brother Louie by Stories.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Bang the Drum Slowly, directed by John Hancock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1973 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Casey Blake: American baseball player.
- Kerry Walmsley: New Zealand cricketer.
- James Roe: Wide receiver (Baltimore Ravens).
- Jason Clemett: CFL linebacker (Calgary Stampeders).
- Malaika Arora Khan: Indian actress and model.
- Intelsat communications satellite launched.
- The Norrmalmstorg robbery occurs, famous for the origin of the term Stockholm syndrome.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Dawn - Say, Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Gypsy Rose
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 August 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?