Wednesday 23 August 1978
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kobe Bryant and Andrew Rannells.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Grease by Frankie Valli.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Piranha, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Frogs or Race - Spin-out - Cryptogram (Europe) Speedway / Spin-out / Cryptologic (US).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1978!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1978 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Kobe Bryant: American athlete, basketball star of Los Angeles Lakers, Bryant was accused of rape in 2003.
- Andrew Rannells: Stage Actor.
- Julian Casablancas: American singer (The Strokes).
- Randal Thomas: American journalist and politician (d. 2014).
- Iranian students occupies Iranian embassy at Wassenaar
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Valli - Grease
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- The Rolling Stones - Miss You
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Foreigner - Hot Blooded
- Pablo Cruise - Love Will Find A Way
- Olivia Newton-John - Hopelessly Devoted To You
- Walter Egan - Magnet And Steel
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
- Donna Summer - Last Dance
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?