Sunday 23 August 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Endless Love by Diana Ross.
In UK Green Door by Shakin' Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Gallipoli, directed by Peter Weir, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Cujo by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1981.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1981!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1981 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Stephan Loboue: Ivorian footballer.
- Carlos Cuellar: Spanish footballer.
- Gauhar Khan: Model.
- Carlos Cuéllar: Spanish footballer.
- Stephan Loboué: Ivorian footballer.
- Ozzy Lusth: Mexican-American reality show contestant on Survivor: Cook Islands
- Carmen Luvana: American pornographic actress
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Endless Love
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Stevie Nicks - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
- The Manhattan Transfer - Boy From New York City
- Juice Newton - Queen Of Hearts
- Ronnie Milsap - (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- Commodores - Lady (You Bring Me Up)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?