Monday 23 August 1982
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1982 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- YTCracker : American musician and computer hacker.
- Natalie Coughlin: American swimmer.
- Scott Palguta: American soccer player.
- Cristian Tudor: Romanian footballer (d. 2012).
- Trevor Wright: American actor.
- Alberto Cavalcanti: Brazilian director (Herr Puntila), dies at 85.
- Lebanese falangist leader Bechir Gemayel elected as President
- Seattle Mariner pitcher Gaylord Perry ejected for throwing a spitter
- Bachir Gemayel is elected Lebanese President amidst the raging civil war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Wasted On The Way - Crosby, Stills & Nash
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?