Friday 23 August 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Power Of Love by Huey Lewis & The News.
In UK Into The Groove by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Better Off Dead..., directed by Savage Steve Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1985.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1985!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1985 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- South African attorney / UDF leader Dulah Omar arrested
- West German top counter espionage Hans Tiedge moves to German DR
- Paul Hornung awarded US$1,160,000 by a Louisville court against NCAA who barred him as a college football analyst for betting on games.
- Said Aouita of Morroco sets the 1.5k record (3:29.46) in Berlin, Germany.
- Hans Tiedge, top counter-spy of West Germany, defects to East Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Tina Turner - We Don't Need Another Hero
- Bryan Adams - Summer Of '69
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Heart - What About Love?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?