Wednesday 23 August 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alyssa FamilyFunPack .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to London Bridge by Fergie.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Accepted, directed by Steve Pink, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Lifeguard by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Reader, I Married Him.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beatmania IIDX 13 Distorted or bit Generations.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 23 August 2006 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Natascha Kampusch, who is abducted at the age of 10, managed to escape from her captor Wolfgang Priklopil, after 8 years of captivity.
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- The United States says that Iran's proposal to the United Nations about its nuclear program ampquotfalls short of the conditions set by the Security Council.ampquot (CNN)
- Northwest Airlines Flight 42 from Amsterdam to Mumbai (Bombay) was escorted by two Dutch Air Force F-16s back to Amsterdam after a request from the pilot. Twelve people have been detained. (CNN)
- An ancient Persian water pipe system is discovered in Ramat Rachel, Israel. (Reuters)
- The Holy Jihad Brigades releases a video showing kidnapped journalists Steve Centanni and Olaf Wiig in good health. No armed men were present. The HJB demands that the United States release ampquotMuslim prisonersampquot within 72 hours. (BBC)
- Austrian kidnap victim Natascha Kampusch, 18, is found alive and well after being held captive for eight years in the garage of a house near Vienna. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?