Thursday 23 August 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Whistle by Flo Rida.
Lawless, directed by John Hillcoat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 2012!
Which were the important events of 23 August 2012 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 August
- Tropical Storm Isaac (2012): The U.S. National Hurricane Center lowers its previous hurricane warning threat level for Hispaniola island in the Caribbean Sea to a storm warning and hurricane watch in its 23.00 PM bulletin. (NHC)
- Typhoon Tembin (2012): Taiwanese authorities evacuate almost 5,000 people ahead of the typhoon. (AFP via Yahoo! News)
- At least 30 people are killed as a result of heavy monsoon rain in the northern Indian state of Rajasthan. (BBC)
- A hot-air balloon crashes near the Slovenian capital of Ljubljana, killing four people and injuring 28 others. (STA)
- A new, seemingly chronic but non-contagious, immunodeficiency disease is diagnosed since 2004, affecting mainly people of Asian genotype aged around 50. Most patients create interferon-gamma-blocking autoantibodies more frequently. Genetic factors are suspected but it would not ampquotrun in familiesampquot. Also, something in the environment may trigger the disease. (The Voice of Russia)
- The ''Waddenvereniging'' in the Netherlands expects the human-friendly starry smooth-hound shark to return to the Wadden Sea in a few years, after specimina were marked in the Oosterschelde and in another Zeeland part of the Rhine–Meuse–Scheldt delta. (Waddenvereniging, in Dutch)
- Baltasar Garzón promises he has a surprise in the case against his client Julian Assange. The Swedish prosecutor refuses to travel to London. (MSN Malaysia)
- Russia says that it is working closely with the Syrian government to establish guarantees that Assad won't move or use Syria's chemical weapons. (AP via Haaretz)
- Pakistan again officially protests against the U.S. drone strikes, calling them unlawful, against international law and a violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty. Pakistan states emphatically that the attacks are ampquotunacceptableampquot. (Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- Former Polly Peck tycoon Asil Nadir is jailed for 10 years for stealing £29m ($46m) from the company. (BBC)
- The 7th parole request of Mark David Chapman, murderer of former Beatle John Lennon, is denied. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- American cyclist Lance Armstrong announces that he will not contest United States Anti-Doping Agency charges of doping paving the way for him to be stripped of his titles including seven Tour de France victories. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- The U.S. tests helium-filled surveillance balloons on the Mexican border. The two airships float about 800 meter high and are equipped with very advanced cameras. It is said that the balloons will not watch too far into Mexican territory. (Associated Press via Google)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?