Sunday 23 December 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1900!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1900 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Marc Allégret: French documentary, then feature film maker; skilled in finding new talent.
- Merle Barwis: American-Canadian super-centenarian (d. 2014).
- Otto Soglow: American comics artist (d. 1975).
- Marie Bell: French actress on screen from 1924 to 1973.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 December 1900 and get them!