Wednesday 23 December 1914
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Cinderella, directed by James Kirkwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1914!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1914 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- World War I: Australian and New Zealand troops arrive in Cairo, Egypt.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The High Cost of Loving - Elida Morris
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 December 1914 and get them!