Monday 23 December 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Heart of Humanity, directed by Allen Holubar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1918 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Jose Greco: Italian-American dancer; born in Italy and raised in Brooklyn, NY, becoming one of the greatest Spanish dancers.
- Helmut Schmidt Chancellor of Germany (SPD: 1974-82).
- José Greco: Italian-American dancer and choreographer (d. 2000).
- Kumar Pallana: Indian-American actor (d. 2013).
- Helmut Schmidt: German Social Democratic (SPD) politician who served as Chancellor of West Germany from 1974 to 1982.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Cathedral Chimes - Prince's Orchestra
- Waltz of the Flowers - New York Philharmonic Orchestra
- While You're Away (Pack Up Your Cares in a Bundle of Joy) - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?