Tuesday 23 December 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth M Taylor and Jacques Bourlaud.
The Greatest Question, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1919 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Kenneth M Taylor: American pilot (d. 2006).
- Jacques Bourlaud: Poitiers Military man.
- Kenneth Taylor: American general and pilot (d. 2006).
- 1st hospital ship built to move wounded naval personnel launched
- Alice H Parker patents gas heating furnace.
- Sex Disqualification (Removal) Act 1919 becomes law in the UK.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Roses of Picardy - John McCormack
- A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody - Sam Ash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?