Tuesday 23 December 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Greatest Question, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1919 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Kenneth Taylor: American general and pilot (d. 2006).
- Jacques Bourlaud: Poitiers Military man.
- Kenneth M Taylor: American pilot (d. 2006).
- 1st hospital ship built to move wounded naval personnel launched
- Alice H Parker patents gas heating furnace.
- Sex Disqualification (Removal) Act 1919 becomes law in the UK.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Roses of Picardy - John McCormack
- A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody - Sam Ash
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?