Thursday 23 December 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Outside the Law, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1920 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Birger Malmsten: Swedish actor (d. 1991).
- Georges Beauregard: French film producer and entrepreneur.
- Pierre Alibert: Gaillac-sur-Tarn Military man.
- Ireland divided into two parts, each with its own parliament.
- King George V signs Home Rule Act.
- The United Kingdom and France ratify the border between French-held Syria and British-held Palestine.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Whispering - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- The Argentines, the Portugese, and the Greeks - Nora Bayes
- You're the Only Girl That Made Me Cry - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?