Saturday 23 December 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Peg o' My Heart, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1922!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1922 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Georges Brun: France sport Champion.
- Micheline Ostermeyer: French athlete and concert pianist, a great-niece of French author Victor Hugo.
- Ian Powell Bancroft: Civil servant.
- Micheline Ostemeyer: .
- Pope Pius XI pleas for peace: encyclical Ubi arcano.
- BBC Radio begins daily newscasts.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1922 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?