Sunday 23 December 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
In Old Arizona, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1928 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Chronis Aidonidis: Greek singer and educator.
- NBC sets up a permanent, coast-to-coast radio network.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Blackbirds are Bluebirds Now - Ruth Etting
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?