Wednesday 23 December 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Mata Hari, directed by Greta Garbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1931!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1931 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Maria Tipo: Italian pianist, teacher giving master classes, and a professor at various conservatories.
- Henry Cuesta: American musician, a clarinet player known primarily for his work on the Lawrence Welk Show.
- Patricia Hardy: American actress (d. 2011).
- Ronnie Schell: American actor.
- Ronnie Schell in Richmond: California, USA; American actor and comedian (Gomer Pyle, Good Morning World).
- Wilson Bentley: American scientist (Born 1865).
- Tyrone Power Sr, American actor (Big Trial, Test of Donald Norton), dies at age 62.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?