Friday 23 December 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Frisco Jenny, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1932!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1932 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- James Cleveland in Chicago: Illinois, USA; reverend, gospel musician ("Old Time Religion", "It's Me O Lord").
- Revjames Cleveland: Rocker.
- Tertius Metcalf: Businessman.
- Richard Barkley: American soldier academic and diplomat United States Ambassador to East Germany (d. 2015).
- Noel Fore: Belgium sport Champion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1932 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Willow Weep for Me - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?