Saturday 23 December 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1933 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Akihito : Japanese royalty, the son of Emperor Hirohito.
- Noella Leduc: American baseball player (d. 2014).
- Marinus van der Lubbe sentenced to death
- Howie Morenz takes over NHL career goal lead at 251.
- Train crash in Eastern Paris; 230 die.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- April in Paris - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 December 1933 and get them!