Thursday 23 December 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Guy Named Joe, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1943 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Silvia : German-Swedish royalty, the daughter of an industrialist father and Spanish nobility mother.
- Roelof den Ambtman: Dutch actor / director (One Evening at Eva).
- Ross Edwards: Composer.
- Stephen Wallace: Director (For Love Affair, Hunger, Mail Order Bride).
- Harry Shearer in Los Angeles: California, USA; comedian/actor (Saturday Night Live, The Simpsons, Pure Luck).
- Derek Small: rocker (Spinal Tap).
- Peter Quaife in Devon: England; rock bassist (Kinks - "Long Tall Sally").
- Silvia Sommerlath in Heidelberg: Germany; Queen of Sweden, wife of King Carl XVI Gustaf (1973-).
- Ron Allen: American baseball player
- Mikhail Gromov: Russian-French mathematician and academic
- Elizabeth Hartman: Actress (Fixer, Patch of Blue), dies at 45
- Harry Shearer: American actor and director, a satirical writer. He played a rock star in the TV segment of "This is Spinal Tap" on Saturday Night Live for two seasons, moving into a weekly KCRW show.
- Theo[dorus J] Thijssen: Dutch writer (Kees de Jongen), dies at 64.
- 1st telecast of a complete opera (Hansel & Gretel), Schenectady, New York
- Gen Montgomery told he is appointed Commandant for D-day
- First telecast of a complete opera (Hansel and Gretel), Schenectady, New York.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?