Monday 23 December 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Craig [Kulasa] in Pittsburgh and Edita Gruberova.
The Beast with Five Fingers, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Campus Hoopla.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1946 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Tony Craig [Kulasa] in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (That Boy Next Door).
- Edita Gruberova: Slovak operatic soprano.
- James Ippolito: American engineer, the State Director of Maintenance who inspects bridges and sea walls for the M.D.
- Susan Lucci: Soap Opera Actress.
- Edita Gruberová: Slovak soprano and actress.
- John Sullivan: English screenwriter producer and composer (d. 2011)
- Ray Tabano: American guitarist (Aerosmith)
- Highest ridership in NYC subway history (8.8 million passengers)
- University of Tennessee refuses to play Duquesne University, because they may use a black player in their basketball game.
- Belgian Council of State forms.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?