Monday 23 December 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Beast with Five Fingers, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1946 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Susan Lucci: Soap Opera Actress.
- Edita Gruberová: Slovak soprano and actress.
- John Sullivan: English screenwriter producer and composer (d. 2011).
- Ray Tabano: American guitarist (Aerosmith).
- Tony Craig [Kulasa] in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (That Boy Next Door).
- Edita Gruberova: Slovak operatic soprano
- James Ippolito: American engineer, the State Director of Maintenance who inspects bridges and sea walls for the M.D.C. in Stoneham, MA. His wife Katherine won over $1 million on their vacation in Atlantic City on 1/19/1992. He has no plans to quit his job, and the money from the winnings will be set aside for the education of his two sons and a new ski house in New Hampshire.
- Highest ridership in NYC subway history (8.8 million passengers)
- University of Tennessee refuses to play Duquesne University, because they may use a black player in their basketball game.
- Belgian Council of State forms.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?