Tuesday 23 December 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Paradine Case, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1947 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Bill Rodgers marathon runner (Boston: New York).
- Bill Rodgers: American runner who dominated the American road racing scene as the record holder for best Marathon time from 1975.
- Henri Duvillard: .
- Wolfgang Jünemann: German metaphysician and publisher, he is married to author Monika Jünemann.
- Graham Bonnet: English singer-songwriter (The Marbles Rainbow Anthem and Michael Schenker Group).
- Lawrence Tanter: American basketball player and sportscaster
- Robert Paluck: American electrical engineer and CEO in charge of Convex Computer, a low end supercomputers retailer. Paluck has a BS in Electrical Engineering and an MBA degree. With informality, he ends each week by treating his staff to a beer bust.
- Astrid Zekul: German physicist, mathematician, parapsychologist, esoteric and professional astrologer since 1983, also an imagination and meditation instructor. In the '70s she had intensive psychedelic experiences and Kundalini-awakenings leading her to studies of western and eastern philosophy. Influenced by the work of Th. Ring and E. von Xylander she is an advocate of a spiritual, psychological and humanistic astrology. As a counselor she works in the field of education and career guidance.
- Transistor invented by Bardeen, Brattain and Shockley in Bell Labs
- Three scientists at Bell Telephone Laboratories in the USA, William Shockley, Walter Brattain, and John Bardeen demonstrate their new invention of the point-contact transistor amplifier. The name transistor is short for "transfer resistor".
- The transistor is first demonstrated at Bell Laboratories.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Serenade of the Bells - Jo Stafford
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?