Friday 23 December 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luther Grosvenor and Susan Lucci in Scarsdale.
The Inspector General, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching College of Musical Knowledge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1949 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Luther Grosvenor: rocker (Spooky Tooth).
- Susan Lucci in Scarsdale: New York, USA; actress (All My Children, Mafia Princess).
- Suzi Harvey: American-British pro astrologer, consultant and psycho-dynamic practitioner.
- Adrian Belew: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (King Crimson Tom Tom Club and The Bears).
- Reinhold Weege: American screenwriter and producer (d. 2012).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Yingle Bells - Yogi Yorgesson with The Johnny Duffy Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?