Saturday 23 December 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael C Burgess and Michael Burgess.
Born Yesterday, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Son Of A Hundred Kings by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching You Asked for It.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1950!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1950 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Michael C Burgess: American politician.
- Michael Burgess: American obstetrician and politician.
- Richard Dannatt: Baron Dannatt English general.
- Vicente del Bosque: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Ilchi Lee: South Korean author and educator.
- Vincenzo Tommasini: Italian composer (d. 1950).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 December 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?