Thursday 23 December 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Animal Farm, directed by Joy Batchelor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1954 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Brian Teacher in San Diego: California, USA; tennis star.
- Joseph Crane: American professional astrologer, astrology lecturer and author, and psychotherapist, he is the author of "Practical Guide to Traditional Astrology," published in 1998, and other articles on astrology and its historical dimension.
- Raivo Järvi: Estonian radio host and politician (d. 2012).
- Rene Iche: French sculptor (Born 1897).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?