Friday 23 December 1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Ann Duffy and Manuela Guedes.
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1955!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1955 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Carol Ann Duffy: Scottish poet and playwright; Poet Laureate of the United Kingdom.
- Manuela Guedes: Portuguese news anchor and former singer, she has been married three times (1976, 1981, 1992) and has three children.
- Eric Lévi: French pop musician, he founded in 1975 Shakin' Street, hard rock band, but he is better known for being the mastermind of the musical project ERA, a mixture of rock, synth, and pseudo-Latin Gregorian chant (over 6 millions copies sold between 1997 and 2000)inspired by Carmina Burana.
- Christa Worthington: American writer, a fashion journalist whose body was found on 1/06/2002, dead in her home dressed in her nightgown with her two-year-old daughter, Ava, by her side, attempting to nurse.
- Carol Duffy: Scottish poet and playwright.
- Grace Knight: English-Australian singer-songwriter (Eurogliders)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1955 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?