Sunday 23 December 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1956 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Dave Murray: Guitarist.
- Michele Alboreto: Italian race car driver, Champion in the Grand Prix 1981-83.
- British and French troops leave the Suez Canal region.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Johnnie Ray - Just Walkin' In The Rain
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- Frankie Vaughan - The Green Door
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- The Four Aces - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rip It Up
- Meet Me On The Corner - Max Bygraves
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?