Wednesday 23 December 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Heartaches By The Number by Guy Mitchell.
In UK What Do You Want? by Adam Faith was in the top 5 hits.
Drunken Angel, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1959!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1959 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous Birthdays:23 December
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Guy Mitchell - Heartaches By The Number
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Paul Anka - It's Time To Cry
- Bobby Rydell - We Got Love
- Connie Francis - Among My Souvenirs
- Fabian - Hound Dog Man
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 December 1959 and get them!