Monday 23 December 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keiji Muto and Carol Peterka in Little Falls.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Dominique by The Singing Nun.
In UK I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Love with the Proper Stranger, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Living Reed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Forest Rangers.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1963!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1963 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Keiji Muto: Wrestler (NWA / WWC / NJPW).
- Carol Peterka in Little Falls: Minnesota, USA; team handball back court (Olympics-1992, 1996).
- Jim Harbaugh: American quarterback and athlete.
- Jess Harnell: TV Actor.
- Donna Tartt: American author.
- Ante Zelck: German businessman
- Beach Boys 1st appearance on Shindig
- Fire on Greek ship Laconia, 128 die
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 December 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Lenny Welch - Since I Fell For You
- The Caravelles - You Don't Have To Be A Baby To Cry
- Dion Di Muci - Drip Drop
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- Johnny Tillotson - Talk Back Trembling Lips
- The Beach Boys - Be True To Your School
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?