Thursday 23 December 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Over And Over by The Dave Clark Five.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1965 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- The McCoys - Fever
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?