Saturday 23 December 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Me And Mrs. Jones by Billy Paul.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
Cries & Whispers, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1972 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Morgan : Italian singer-songwriter, musician and multi-instrumentalist.
- Christian Potenza: Voice Actor.
- Kossity: French hip-hop front-runner, rapper, he is originally from Martinique.
- Immaculate Reception Steelers turns around a 7-6 defeat with a last second touchdown reception against Raiders to win 13-7
- 16 plane crash survivors rescued after 70d, survived by cannabalism
- 6.25 Earthquake destroys central Managua Nicaragua, 10,000 die
- Islanders end 15 games winless streak
- Chandrasekhar takes 8-79 India versus England at Delhi.
- The 16 survivors of the Andes flight disaster are rescued after 73 days, having survived by cannibalism.
- A 6.5 magnitude earthquake strikes the Nicaraguan capital of Managua killing more than 10,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Donna Fargo - Funny Face
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- Johnny Rivers - Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?