Thursday 23 December 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jamie Noble and Joanna Hayes.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Under The Moon Of Love by Showaddywaddy was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage of the Damned, directed by Stuart Rosenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Phoenix and the Carpet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Colossal Cave Adventure or Sprint 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1976!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1976 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Jamie Noble: American professional wrestler.
- Joanna Hayes: American hurdler and coach.
- Brad Lidge: American baseball player.
- Dimitris Mavrogenidis: Uzbek-Greek footballer and manager.
- A new volcano, Murara, erupts in eastern Zaire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Brick - Dazz
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1976?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?