Tuesday 23 December 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon.
In UK There's No One Quite Like Grandma by St Winifred's School Choir was in the top 5 hits.
Maniac, directed by William Lustig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1980!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1980 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Neil Diamond - Love On The Rocks
- Barbra Streisand - Guilty
- Air Supply - Every Woman In The World
- Heart - Tell It Like It Is
- Kenny Rogers - Lady
- John Lennon - (Just Like) Starting Over
- Leo Sayer - More Than I Can Say
- Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart
- Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 December 1980 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?