Saturday 23 December 2000
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Independent Women Part I by Destiny's Child.
In UK Independent Women Part 1 by Destiny's Child was in the top 5 hits.
Traffic, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Heart of the Sea by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fantastic Voyages.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Carmageddon TDR 2000 or Earth 2150.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 2000!
Which were the important events of 23 December 2000 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 December
- Billy Barty: American actor and singer (d. 2000).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 December 2000
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?