Sunday 23 December 2001
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to How You Remind Me by Nickelback.
In UK Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield was in the top 5 hits.
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, directed by Peter Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Skipping Christmas by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boong-Ga Boong-Ga or Floigan Bros..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 2001!
Which were the important events of 23 December 2001 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 December
- Bola Ige: Nigerian politician (Born 1930).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 December 2001
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?