Tuesday 23 December 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vaulting.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 1 vs. 100 or Age of Conan: Unchained.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 23 December 2008 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 December
- US President George W. Bush signs H.R. 6184 "America's Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008" into law, as Public Lal 110-456. The program encompasses a new series of circulating and non-circulating coins depicting national sites of each state and territory, and the District of Columbia, five designs per year, beginning in 2010. In addition to circulating quarter dollar coins, 5-ounce silver coins will also be produced for each design.
- Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh denies reports of possible war with Pakistan over the November terrorist attacks in Mumbai. (CNN-IBN)
- Sri Lankan Civil War: Heavy fighting continues as part of the Northern offensive between the country's Army and the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam around the city of Kilinochchi. (BBC)
- The world's fifteen leading gas-producing countries sign the charter of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum, making it a formal organization. (RFE/RL)
- Fiji expels acting New Zealand High Commissioner Caroline McDonald. In retaliation, New Zealand declares acting Fiji High Commissioner Cama Tuiloma persona non grata. (''New Zealand Herald'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?