Monday 23 February 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Le Corbeau: The Raven, directed by Henri Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1948!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1948 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Hannu Aho: Finnish novelist.
- Philippe Chatel: French singer, songwriter, guitarist and composer, who writes and performs his own songs.
- Catherine Perlès: French prehistorian who has written books on the subjects of Archaeology, Biological Anthropology, and Cultural Anthropology.
- Bill Alexander: English director and producer.
- Doug Moench: American comic book writer.
- Steve Priest: English singer-songwriter and bass player (Sweet)
- John Robert Gregg: Irish-born publisher and inventor (Born 1866).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1948 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra (Vocal Ames Brothers)
- Alvino Rey & His Orchestra - I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover
- Slap Her Down Again, Paw - Arthur Godfrey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?