Thursday 23 February 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1950 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Steve Priest in London: England; rock bassist (Sweet Hayes).
- Maxi : Irish singer and radio personality.
- United Kingdom general election, 1950 : The Labour Party, led by Clement Attlee remains in office but the Tories, led by Winston Churchill increase their seats in the House of Commons.
- Klaus Fuchs is convicted in London of spying against both Britain and the United States for the Soviet Union, by giving to the latter top secret atomic bomb data.
- Acting Chinese President Li Tsung-jen ends his term in office.
- Chiang Kai-shek resumes his duties as Chinese president after moving his government to Taipei, Taiwan.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Anton Karas - The Third Man Theme
- My Foolish Heart - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?