Tuesday 23 February 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1954 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Viktor Yushchenko: Ukrainian politician who fought a bitter battle for election to President of the Ukraine on October 31, 2004 and in the days following.
- Joyce Jackson: American professional racquetball player, achieving the world rank of number seven.
- Carlos Guirao: Spanish guitarist keyboard player and composer (Neuronium) (d. 2012).
- Rajini Thiranagama: Sri Lankan physician and academic (d. 1989).
- Louis Bertignac: French musician and singer, formerly member of the pop band "Telephone", born to a jewish Algerian father (formerly known as Benhaïm).
- 1st mass inoculation with Salk vaccine (Pittsburgh)
- Syrian army drives out President Adib el-Shishakli.
- The first mass inoculation of children against polio with the Salk vaccine begins in Pittsburgh.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?